- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Dec. 21, 2022
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Legal
Reference Code: 00280648
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Global Contract Services, Prime Services and Prime Derivative Services Negotiator
As a Barclays Legal GCS Prime Services and PDS Negotiator you will produce, negotiate and execute various capital markets contract documentation. You will support the Prime Services and PDS businesses of Barclays with an assigned portfolio of Barclays counterparties, seeking resolution to blockages in negotiations. You will effectively manage the negotiations process by understanding and identifying potential risks and other issues in the process of the negotiation.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Facilitating the prime services trading business by drafting, negotiating and executing capital markets contract documentation
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhere to associated guidelines and procedures
• Conducting legal analysis and manage relationships with external counsel where necessary and within Barclays requirements on external legal spend
• Working with Managing Directors, Directors in Sales, Trading, Risk, Compliance and Operations to establish relationships to advise regarding risk controls
• Explaining legal issues to them in a succinct and commercial manner in both written and oral form
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Legal
• 5+ years of financial services experience
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Demonstrated expertise in suite of prime services agreements and an ability to pick up legal and commercial concepts quickly
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral communications and tailor approach to the audience and the situation
• Understand the importance of legal risk management in context of document negotiation and regulatory developments in the prime services and derivatives industry
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.