GPNA Operational Readiness VP
As a Barclays GPNA Operational Readiness Vice President, you will be leading Operational Readiness in the US, across Corporate Operations to deliver a step change in performance (customer service, productivity, and efficiency) enabling Corporate Operations to achieve its strategic goals for our customers and our people. You will have the opportunity to Partner with Technology teams to drive Process Led Design and automation techniques across Corporate Operations & Technology.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Contributing to the design of the CIB Operations services and processes, using the right “Technology” approach to encompass all channels, customers, staff and core activities
• Liaising with other parts of the business and stakeholders to ensure your technology designs satisfy business/customer strategy (i.e., operational effectiveness, cost efficiencies etc.)
• Understanding and defining end-to-end processes from a customer's perspective and defining customer focused metrics to enable delivery
• Identifying key efficiency improvement initiatives through the evaluation of information and performance data using data analytics
• Identifying key business change opportunities and gain sponsorship to initiate and undertake specific pieces of work to address issues
• Building and maintaining awareness of local & Barclays International priorities to ensure Operational Readiness
• Identifying and implementing the right technology tools, process and operational improvement activities, analysis and change, which maximize desired benefits and outcomes
• Ensuring appropriate project governance is used in the development of business cases and tracking of project deliverables
What we’re looking for:
• Good understanding of technology and tools and how they can be applied to process automation
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects / initiatives within budget and time constraints
• Experience in stakeholder management at a senior level
• Awareness of key drivers of service excellence and operational efficiency
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and operations management tools, concepts and techniques supported by a relevant qualification
• Knowledge of the BI business strategy / target-operating model
• Awareness of customers’ servicing requirements in the Business arena
• Knowledge of the BI ‘As Is’ operating model (channels, e2e processes and activities, people, customers)
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.