JOC-Physical Security Operator (Part-Time)
As a Barclays JOC- Physical Security Operator (Part-Time), you will have the opportunity to scan the horizon for threats and risks and assist with incident management by tracking, reporting and escalating information to CSO Management and a wider group of stakeholders. You will inform, help prevent, protect, and deter potential risks from materializing and help quickly return to BAU if a risk materializes. You will support and report directly to JOC - Physical Security Supervisor.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Colleagues who perform ‘onsite’ roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Handling all security incidents related to Barclays Business Operations, its branches, employees and reputation
• Ensuring timely notifications to PS & I Management for escalation or action necessary
• Monitoring: Access Control Systems, Alarm Systems, Camera Systems, Travel Systems, and other security systems throughout the Americas Region
• Completing investigations, recurring requirements, and security analysis
• Building and maintaining significant relationships with landlord and site security teams situated across the Americas region
• Developing an approach and attitude that encourages all Stakeholders to contact the JOC - Physical Security Team on all matters of concern relating to Security
• Ensuring Compliance with Barclays Policies and Standards
• Coordinating with Security System vendors to ensure timely delivery of daily Security System Support requirements
What we’re looking for:
• General knowledge of Electronic Access Control Systems (EACS) and Video Management Systems
• Experience handling security inquiries and delivering quality incident reports to senior stakeholders in a timely manner
• Solid knowledge of incident analysis, including on-site and off-site Events, Travel Security, and asset protection
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good level of skills needed for absorbing processes and procedures into practice
• Technical, administrative, and organizational skills
• Ability to research and analyze complex and varied data, producing concise timely reports and relevant recommendations
• High dependability
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.