KYC Onboarding Team Leader
As a Barclays KYC Onboarding Team Leader, you will be responsible for taking clients end to end through the KYC and onboarding process for multiple asset classes across the U.S, and dealing directly with clients and front office teams. This is also an opportunity for you to support the Head of KYC in building a best in class ‘Go-To’ team for expertise and embedding culture of ‘Right First Time’ across KYC.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Managing and motivating a high performing KYC team with a focus on high standards, quality, customer service, controls, execution, and delivery
• Leading and implementing change initiatives for the team from inception through to implementation, providing input and guidance
• Coordinating detailed scoping sessions by conducting face to face meetings or conference calls to fully understand the client’s existing business
• Managing the account opening and product fulfilment for new and existing customers
• Overseeing the production and delivery of weekly progress reports containing performance against the current baseline
• Identifying of any potential project barriers to senior client and internal stakeholders
• Building an intensive industry knowledge and lead on complex deal discussions
• Working knowledge of local static data systems in order to navigate setup in the course of on boarding
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience of AML/KYC gained within investment or corporate banking
• Experience of reviewing complex structures, PEPs and/or Sanctions screening
• Experience of using approved KYC vendor sources e.g., D&B, LexisNexis, World Check, and others
• Legal knowledge in terms of corporate law and structure
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ideally qualified to Degree standard, preferably in a business/law related subject
• AML/Compliance Certification
• Cash Management – Cert ICM
• Knowledge of High risk indicators and revision of complex structures and entity types
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.