Prime Derivative Services – Analyst
As a Barclays Prime Derivative Services – Analyst, you will assist management in monitoring our client commission and CCP (Central Counterparty – Clearing House) exchange fee platform. You will provide support for cleared derivatives, maintain appropriate risk and controls, and assist to change processes which streamline the manner in which fees are collected for clients.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Reconciliation of exchange fees / quarterly fee reconciliation of all North American exchanges presented to Front Office Management
• Liaising with the offshore Brokerage team to reconcile execution fees
• Liaising with Sales and Client Service to resolve exchange fee and commission queries
• Liaising with offshore static teams to process and oversee exchange and CCP rebates
• Updating client commissions and commission adjustments in the firms’ books and records
• Assisting to maintain exchange and CCP memberships in the firms’ books and records, and on the Exchange Fee platform
What we’re looking for:
• A college degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
• Three+ years of experience in Financial Services
• Three+ years of experience operating Microsoft Office
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with external and internal stakeholders
• Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Access. ability to write update, select, and make table queries either by GUI or SQL
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, IF function, arithmetic functions, HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP and analytical add-ins
• Experience working with large disparate data sets, ability to perform one to one, many to one and many to many reconciliations
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.