Prime Services Negotiator VP
As a Barclays Prime Services Negotiator Vice President, you will be drafting, negotiating, and executing various master trading documentation in support of the Barclays Prime Services, Exchange Traded Derivatives, OTC Clearing, Intermediation, Securities Financing, and Securitized Products businesses. You will also be managing global projects, providing guidance to junior team members, actively contributing to the team’s knowledge base, and contributing to a solid risk and control environment.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Drafting, negotiating, and executing capital markets contract documentation with an assigned portfolio of Barclays counterparties
• Working actively on ISDA Master and Credit Support Agreements, Global Master Repurchase and Master Repurchase Agreements, and Prime Brokerage Agreements
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory, and documentation risk controls and adhere to associated guidelines and procedures
• Maintaining up-to-date working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
• Conducting independent legal analysis and managing relationships with external counsel, where necessary, in accordance with Barclays requirements on external legal spend
• Determining processes that can be improved around data capture, technology, and documentation
• Helping team members in managing negotiations with clients, including communicating know-how on possible approaches and drafting
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent
• Experience with a financial services firm or law firm
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Five or more years of experience negotiating the suite of Prime Services agreements and the financial industry
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Legal qualification is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.