Quality Control Team Leader
As a Barclays Quality Control Team Leader, you will support the US QC Leader to provide a QC service of Transaction Monitoring processes, including but not limited to monitoring of customer and client transactions, PEPS, enhanced due diligence, reporting suspicion to external bodies and SAR reporting. You will have an exciting opportunity to collaborate with QC Analysts, overseeing the workflow of the QC sampling and testing processes across all relevant functions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Being responsible for overseeing the quality control of Financial Crime processes
• Managing all active queues in relation to capacity, ensuring transparency of reporting, and escalations where needed to ensure backlogs do not emerge
• Identifying trends, analysing root cause of issues and supporting recommendation of appropriate corrective actions both short and long term
• Being responsible for producing a series of key performance metrics and reporting packs, subject to high levels of regulatory /audit scrutiny
• Supporting quality improvements across the broader QA/QC functional teams through various mechanisms such as incremental training & policy clarifications
• Being responsible for challenging all levels within the function (Analyst to Director) as needed to obtain the right outcome and to drive improvements
• Exercising judgement /subject matter expertise when there are conflicting opinions as to whether an error exists and/or the severity of that error
• Engaging with 2LOD and business stakeholders to review the QC framework in response to triggers and/or periodically to maintain the best possible risk based framework
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience of working in a Financial Crime Anti Money Laundering (AML) environment, ideally in a Quality Control capacity, Governance, Risk Management
• AML oversight specialism with detailed understanding and experience in practical interrogation and assessment of risk, working knowledge of Financial Crime Customer Life Cycle
• Team management in an operations environment experience, accountable for team performance management and managing targets
• Experience in the financial services industry
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in team management, capacity planning and process /resource optimization
• Excellent problem solving skills and detail oriented
• Knowledge of Barclays Operations functions
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.