RFT CDO Data Lead
Date live: Aug. 12, 2020
Reference Code: 90264567
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Barclays OverviewBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
Barclays offers investment banking products and services in the US through Barclays Capital Inc.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays Values and DiversityOur common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Risk and Control ObjectiveEnsure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Overall Purpose of the RoleThe Data Lead position is an integral role for the delivery of Group Data strategy within the Risk, Finance and Treasury and IHC Chief Data Office. It will focus on all aspects of the data strategy, supporting initially the delivery of data lineage and control related artefacts as well as supporting strategic data transformation programmes as part of Business As Usual activity.
Main duties and responsibilities• Work closely with subject matter experts within the business, technology and operations functions to ensure compliance to the data standards
• Work alongside other Chief Data Office teams to ensure consistency of approach and front-to-back lineage being delivered
• Support data governance and quality assurance activities
• Provide project updates and report on progress on data quality and control remediation activities
Data Domain Management:
• Support business in managing existing and new Data Domains, sub-data domain and Critical Data Elements under the RFT ownership
• Support maintenance of business glossary for Data Domains and Critical Data Elements (CDEs) via the running of annual attestation
Authoritative Data Sources Management:
• Plan and manage the ADS identification and adoption activities across Risk, Finance and Treasury
• Work alongside Data Architecture teams to help identify and track migration of RFT processes to the Authoritative Data Sources
• Establish delivery plans of the Data Lineage & Metadata team
• Drive the identification and resolution of data lineage issues, supporting the analysis and creation of remediation plans in partnership with BAU teams
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of our Data Entity standards and interlocks with the CDO offices
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of Data Models, capturing and establishing lineages between various models, data requirements, and business requirements.
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BSc/BEng)
• 5+ years experience in Data Management and Data Governance
• 10+ years of experience in Risk, Finance and Treasury functions within banking industry
• Knowledge of Project Lifecycle methods (e.g. Software Development Lifecycle, Agile) and understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management
• Excellent MS-Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills
Preferred Qualifications• Strong understanding of Data Management concepts with ability to identify and solutionise data issues
• Excellent communication skills and comfort operating amongst senior management teams
• Experience in facilitating large workshops / running cross-border meetings
• A self-starter able to work with high level guidance, and a clear end goal
• Must be willing to be hands-on for complex data analysis efforts
• Capacity to work proactively with colleagues across the organisation to build transparent, lasting relationships, delivering real value to the organisation
• Experience working with data management tools, including Ab Initio
• Experience in Risk, Finance and/or Treasury areas of corporate and/or investment banking
• Understanding of CCAR and BCBS 239 regulatory requirements
• Understanding relational databases, risk systems / architecture
• Experience of working across global organisations