Risk & Controls Partner
Date live: Mar. 04, 2021
Reference Code: 90279662
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Risk & Control Partner
As a Barclays Risk and Control Partner, you will play a key role in supporting the Wholesale Lending Operations Leadership team in managing their internal control framework and supporting their obligations in accordance with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and the Barclays Control Framework. In addition, you will work with the Leadership team to promote a strong self-assessment culture and risk ownership by the line managers and team members alike.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Designing, implementing and monitoring of an effective control environment ensuring Key Risk Indicators and operational procedures remain in line with policies & standards
• Delivering collaborative functional stakeholder support to include coaching, training and expertise on risk and control activity
• Ensuring all operational risk events and near misses are captured in line with policies & standards
• Principle point of contact for all initiatives and changes that impact the control environment within allocated function(s) ensuring risks are identified at the onset of the change
• Driving improvements in control awareness and management capability
• Supporting with the annual Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process for allocation function
• Undertaking controls assurance for controls operated within Wholesale Lending in policies/ standards
• Supporting with the identification of new and emerging risks through proactive process reviews
What we’re looking for:
• Experience within a Risk & Control, Operational Risk or Internal Audit Function
• High degree of Organizational awareness
• Ability to contribute effectively when working with senior colleagues, across the breadth of business/strategic issues
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Awareness of the products and services available within Wholesale Lending
• Awareness of the processes undertaken in a Lending Operations function
• Strong cross-functional agile working ability
• Knowledge of commercial environment
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.