Jun. 08, 2021
COO & Functions
Development and Engineering at Barclays
In Barclays Technology, we build solutions that make life simple for our customers. Solutions that are global, agile and smart. As a part of our team, you’ll recode and reimagine, learn and adapt. Rewire what the world needs, and look ahead. This is where you can be at your best. Where you can redefine the future of finance.
SAP ABAP S4 Hana Developer
Whippany, New Jersey
As a Barclays SAP ABAP S4 Hana Developer, your role will be crucial to Project & Program delivery through hands on technical development activity leveraging your expertise in SAP ABAP on Hana and Fiori Developments. You will serve a subject matter expert on SAP and will assist deployment projects. The team you’ll be joining is a global team, meaning you’ll work with and interface with colleagues and stakeholders globally in APAC as well as London.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Undertake requirement gathering and analysis and perform hands-on configuration in the FICO arena
• Design, build, and implementation of solutions and complete technical and functional documentation
• Perform unit & system testing and support UAT and regression testing
• Ability to develop and analyze problems in programs.
• Partake in SAP project deployments, and conduct user training
• Adhering to Agile development processes, governance & documentation
• Responsible for implementation changes ensuring no incidents associated with the change after cutover to production
• Maintain Quality Assurance and overall integrity of the changes made and act as a 3rd line escalation point to support
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in SAP ABAP development, project implementation, and production support and be subject matter expert, able to drive end to end solutions involving stakeholders.
• Hands-on experience in ABAP on HANA and Fiori Developments including expertise in CDS, AMDP and Fiori UI5 developments.
• Extensive technical understanding of SAP Business Suite products, SAP NetWeaver, underlying database technologies, related SAP products.
• Must have worked extensively in SAP finance modules and in depth Knowledge of SAP development ‘best practices’.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Demonstrable track record of previous work on major SAP implementations / upgrades - ideally within Financial Services / Banking on large global programs
• Excellent in verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and logical skills – the ability to resolve issues in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience of working in Agile methodology and tools would be an added advantage.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Barclays, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
Languages and Technologies
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow.
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here.
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!
Java Developer, Glasgow
I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design.
Wolf Team, Prague
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.