Date live: 08/06/2020
Reference Code: 00273634
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Senior Software Developer
Barclays Services Corp.
What will you be doing?
• Develop and integrate a streamlined development and release process for software applications.
• Work with Quality Analysis (QA) team to define system integration testing scenarios.
• Review System Integration Testing exit reports and deliver to User Integration Testers.
• Define business requirements to lead and implement technology solutions.
• Liaise with technology delivery managers to provide Barclays application and service owners timely deliveries.
• Manage daily scrums, sprint cycles, retrospection, product deliveries, life cycle of payment / notification interface, data in/out of Loan IQ (Loan Management System), and Advanced Commercial Banking System.
• Develop micro services using Java Spring Boot, concurrency and Multi-threading for Loan IQ data transformation layer.
• Participate in regional and global Storage Infrastructure Capacity Management reporting and remediation.
What we’re looking for:
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent (3 or 4 year degree acceptable) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field and five (5) years of progressive, post- bachelor’s experience in the position offered or as a Software Engineer, Developer, or related occupation.
Demonstrated experience must include the following:
• Managing sprint cycles and reviews using agile methodology;
• Utilizing Micro services/Rest APIs for business data reading, writing, transforming, enriching, and processing;
• Utilizing Spring Boot and Spring Framework for processing logics;
• Creating modules for data loading and processing using Java Concurrency and Multi-threading;
• Utilizing Angular JS, Node JS and Bootstrap for bulk data loading and management;
• Running Web based applications using Apache Tomcat and Websphere;
• Managing changes in user interface modules using LANSA and MainFrame;
• Managing metadata and business data using DB2, SQL Server and Oracle;
• Implementing business process model solutions using wholesale lending business knowledge;
• Designing CI/CD pipeline for project lifecycles.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet