Stress Testing (Credit Risk Portfolio) AVP
As a Barclays Stress Testing (Credit Risk Portfolio) AVP, you will perform Global Market Shock (GMS) Credit Risk Stress Testing for the Investment Bank Trading Book under Internal and Federal Reserve Bank Stress Tests. We take the lead in addressing issues including the potential implications of an economic downturn, and in advising Barclays’ business leaders to facilitate informed, controlled and measured decision-making.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Running the various models and processes to calculate stressed losses on a variety of Counterparty and Wholesale credit risk portfolios for both CCAR and BAU requirements and frequencies
• Assisting in quarterly execution of stress testing and regulatory 14Q reporting for counterparty transactions
• Analyzing stress testing results, identify loss drivers and provide commentary for period-on-period changes
• Working with IT, Risk Information Services and line Risk Managers to ensure the stress loss and quarterly reporting processes are well developed, well controlled and executed according to plan
• Assisting in development of presentations for senior management, the IHC Board and external regulatory such as the Fed
• Analyzing Regulatory reporting requirements and ensure that reports and stress loss computation capabilities are aligned to these requirements
• Working with Change and IT Teams to define user requirements and perform UAT testing of new capabilities and assist in process control design
• Managing the weekly stress loss benchmarking process used in IHC CRO limit monitoring
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Engineering, or related quantitative field
• Experience performing credit risk stress testing, credit risk reporting or a related role
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to perform Credit Risk Stress Testing, including stress calculation and portfolio analysis, and stress framework design
• Ability to analyze historical trends, trading profile, and risk concentrations for stress testing
• Designing and implementing production processes including writing technical documentation and defining controls
• Understanding and using Credit Risk concepts such PD, LGD, exposure, collateral, netting arrangements, and products such as SFTs, derivatives, and margin lending and borrowing
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.