We’re here for you and your future
We’re building the bank of the future. We’re staking our claim on tomorrow with game-changing contact centres which truly put the customer first. And we’re giving you an opportunity to develop your career, becoming a part of our 325-year heritage, while delivering life enhancing financial solutions to our customers during these unprecedented times.
May. 15, 2022
COO & Functions
Trades and Transactions Operations AVP
As a Barclays Trade and Transaction Operations AVP, you are responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of reporting to US regulators. The team provides oversight and goverance of 9 US regulations across Equities, Options anf Fixed Income Products is responsible for executing key controls, generating relevant MI, performing root cause analysis, escalating key issues to the business and management and coordinating relevant IT fixes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Managing critical and complex Group regulatory reporting requirements. Meet internal and external demands and deadlines
• Maintaining good knowledge and understanding of regulatory and market developments impacting on US FINRA regulations including CAT, ACT, LOPR, EBS, TRACE
• Managing the day to day Trade and Transaction Reporting issues, providing management with updates
• Generating and analysing reporting data and produce required management information.
• Reviewing daily CAT exceptions and control reports
• Designing, operating and implementing all needed controls for completeness timeliness and accuracy of reporting
• Reviewing and enhancing processes, Operating Procedures, Checklists and Reports to ensure they are accurate and current
• Various MI creation and distribution capturing Reporting, timeliness and accuracy
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Proficient in MS applications, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Detailed oriented individual with Financial services experience particurally Investment Banking
• Proven ability to build, maintain and enhance relationships at all levels including interacting effectively with other key areas within the bank
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Two+ years experience working in Investment Bank, Compliance, Operations, or Risk and Control Function
• One+ years experience in Regulatory Reporting or Regulatory for FINRA reporting
• One+ years experience with Equities, Options or Fixed Income Products
• Ability to influence others and work under pressure independently with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Where will you be working?
You will be working at Barclays Services, Whippany, New Jerseys’ fully Operational Customer Contact center, where the best meet to build careers full of scope, variety, and reward. Supporting the banking and financial solutions of today’s demands, answering tomorrow’s questions, and redefining the future of customer support in finance.
What you get in return
These are four characteristics you need to be successful in representing us and our partners.
Is this role right for you?
Deciding on your next career step is a big decision, why not take our quiz to find out if this opportunity is right for you?Take our quiz
The Barclays Way
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
Barclays has supported me by providing the equipment, and the training to adapt to working from home.
Working remotely has benefited me in so many ways. While saving money on transportation it has also brought me closer to my loved ones. I have felt a sense of security during these unprecedented times a sense of control of my career and well-being.
For customer support, Barclays expanded the amount of Skype chat rooms for help. We also have team meetings and one on one coaching.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.