WCOB Policy and Procedure Manager
Date live: Apr. 07, 2021
Reference Code: 90281411
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Wholesale Policy and Procedure Manager
As a Barclays Wholesale Policy and Procedure Manager you will be performing a wide variety of tasks including processing a wide range of information pertaining to money laundering and regulatory compliance risks. You will be a part of the team that drives change and innovation in a large group within Wholesale Client Onboarding & Maintenance (WCOB). You will interact with stakeholder across multiple lines of business.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Being a subject matter expert for WCOB processes, providing guidance to execute against mandatory control requirements in group frameworks, policies and standards
• Ensuring WCOB processes and procedures continue to align with the Group Frameworks, Policies and Standards via the Annual Review process
• Managing the out of cycle process which governs changes to WCOB processes and procedures outside the annual review process
• Drafting the control requirements from group frameworks, policies and standards into WCOB processes and procedures to onboard and conduct client maintenance
• Amending WCOB processes and procedures based on updates to group frameworks, policies or standards, regulatory changes and audit findings
• Identifying opportunities for clarification on existing control requirement in a WCOB document to drive proportionate application of controls & reduce misinterpretation
• Participating in senior management calls, capturing actions and following up with responsible persons
• Working with barclays technology to provide subject matter expert insight for strategic technology solutions across WCOB
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in the financial industry and in Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer industry or other highly regulated industry (e.g. insurance, healthcare)
• Highly developed writing and presentation skills
• Strategic thinking and the ability to manage multiple deadlines across competing priorities
• A team player who is able to work effectively both with their own team and with others within WCOB Technology, Business Oversight Compliance, and Business Units.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in and strong understanding of AML, Sanctions, governance, and regulatory controls framework, Legal professional with litigation experience;
• Experience with Group Frameworks, Policies and Standards and operational implementation;
• Experience writing WCOB processes and procedure documents;
• Problem solving skills and detail oriented and experience in working, leading and delivering change within a time bound regulatory driven operation.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.