Airline Acquisition Strategy Lead AVP
As the Barclays Airline Acquisition Strategy Lead will lead development of underwriting and line assignment strategies leveraging bureau data, application data, alternative data, partner data and other new data sources. In addition, you will be responsible for strategy implementation, validation, and partner level performance tracking for both internal and external reporting.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Developing and monitoring customized acquisition underwriting and initial line assignment process
• Evaluating new data and partnering data sources for underwriting and line assignment strategies using statistical analysis techniques
• Working with Segment, Strategic Analytics, Decision Science staff to ensure project completion within agreed time frames and end-client satisfaction
• Ensuring effective implementation of the strategies
• Analyzing, validating, tracking and monitoring delivered projects
What we’re looking for:
• Graduate studies, Masters or PhD preferred but not required (quantitative disciplines)
• Analytical experience in financial services industry; credit card experience preferred
• Experience in developing credit strategies in a lending product, preferably credit card
• Proficiency with analytical software (e.g. SAS), SQL tools (e.g., Oracle), Unix platforms, Knowledge Seeker, and MS Office required
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information.
• Strong knowledge of SAS / SQL, Hadoop and Excel
• Good communication skills, with the ability to present information clearly, in both written and verbal form.
• Previous experience in Financial Services Industry and Credit Risk Management, preferably in the Retail Point Of Sales and Equal Pay Loan segment
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.