AVP, Fraud Strategy
Barclays Bank Delaware
What will you be doing?
• Formulate and apply statistical modeling and optimization methodology to perform complex and advanced data analysis, financial analysis and risk analysis.
• Define and own all loss mitigation efforts, including setting risk appetite in line with product risk.
• Implement data driven predictive controls to prevent identity/application fraud and identify risky segments for review by fraud operations.
• Improve collection and analysis of fraud data, optimizing effectiveness of Fraud strategy across all products and all fraud types.
• Analyze fraud data and loss/Impairment related to application fraud and build adequate controls and process discipline to mitigate losses, including identifying risky population for review by operations.
• Communicate proposed strategies and deliver appropriate reporting and Management Information to relevant business stakeholders.
• Develop and improve fraud strategies and measure and control existing strategies.
• Assess the deletion or modification of existing fraud rules.
• Identify vendor/industry solutions to fill gaps in fraud control infrastructure.
What we’re looking for:
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, or closely related quantitative field and 2 year of experience in the position offered or as an Fraud Risk Analyst, MIS Senior Analyst, Systems Engineer/Analyst, or closely related occupation, in credit card industry. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in specified fields and 5 years of experience in a position specified above. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
Demonstrated experience must include:
• Utilizing statistical analysis and SAS, SQL, and UNIX for data mining and manipulation, analysis, and modeling;
• Utilizing predictive analytics to predict customers behaviors to develop customized targeting strategies to optimize profit/risk; and
• Building/Utilizing reporting to monitor fraud and business strategy performance.
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington, DE Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christiana River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays’ Employee Referral Program