AVP Loss Forecasting Lead
As a Barclays Assistant Vice President Loss Forecasting Lead, you will be responsible for producing a five-year forecast for each metric within the Key Risk Indicators for the US Consumer Bank, and then refreshing that forecast quarterly to drive long term business strategy. You will work closely across key business areas including acquisitions, existing customer management, risk, and finance, to gather inputs and gain familiarity with how changes are managed. You will also present your forecast to senior/executive leadership each quarter.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We currently offer a hybrid working model where colleagues have the flexibility to split their time working from home and an office. Everyone has the opportunity to integrate their professional and personal lives through this dynamic working model.
What will you be doing?
• Monitoring the effectiveness of forecasting methodologies, developing enhancements to methodology where appropriate
• Monitoring the potential impact to key risk indicators that any proposed strategic change might have, guiding/influencing the estimation of that impact by change owners
• Preparing and delivering comprehensive presentation of quarterly forecasts with executive summarization and having the appropriate emphasis on key details
• Engaging cross functionally to maintain an awareness for recent trends and upcoming change
• Managing pressure test business area inputs to ensure they’re considerate for these recent trends and upcoming change
• Performing deep dive analyses into detected risks to trace root cause, and generate options for remediation
What we’re looking for:
• Working knowledge and understanding of SAS/Python in data analytics
• Extensive knowledge of excel, managing data across multiple linked workbooks
• Working knowledge of correlation and extrapolation techniques used to forecast
• Experience with credit issuance/ credit management strategies, forecasting, summarizing and presenting complicated and detailed material into executive level presentation
In addition to the skills required to execute the job well, we're looking for people with the following capabilities to grow and contribute to our culture:
• Empathy: An ability to see a situation from another person’s perspective
• Ownership: A strong sense of pride in your work
• Connection: Build relationships with partners and colleagues
• Innovation: Openness to finding creative solutions
• Persistence: Desire to go above and beyond when necessary to get the job done
• Collaboration: Work well with others while building projects together
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid interpersonal skills; comfortable establishing relationships with people across the organization with whom work is not frequent
• Experience in a Risk organization working in a role that requires challenging the work products of others
At Barclays we understand that power of great customer experiences and we work hard every day to make sure that the needs and expectations of our customers are met and exceeded. We focus our energies on making every customer engagement better than before.
Where will you be working?
Barclays’ Wilmington campus boasts a recently renovated office space featuring a cafe, coffee bar, wellness breakout spaces and more. The campus is located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront where a glance out our windows reveals a scenic look at the Christina River and a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away, making travel from New York and Washington, DC fast and convenient.
We offer an environment that enables you to thrive and make an impact. Our colleagues are hard-working, focused on solutions, and collaborative. Here you will find people helping people at every level. Our culture is dedicated to innovation and maintaining a sense of balance and well-being.