Credit Operations Specialist
As a Barclays Credit Operations Specialist you will be reviewing new applications with a focus on accuracy to identify potential credit/fraud risk and make judgmental lending decisions to approve applications while minimizing credit and fraud losses. In addition to this, you will utilize quality customer service skills to ensure that our customers have the best experience possible.
What you’ll get in return:
A reward package is offered which can be tailored to your own needs. A competitive salary starting at $47,840, opportunities to earn incentive payments and a training completion bonus of $500. We offer a range of benefits that support you and your family from day one including medical, dental, vision, life insurance options, disability coverage, 401(k) retirement plan, family planning benefits including fertility coverage and adoptive assistance, recognition plans and competitive discount programs.
We are keen to see our people succeed and offer ample learning and development opportunities, recognition programs and tuition reimbursement. Financial and academic assistance can be provided if you intend to continue your education by undertaking a degree through accredited programs, undergraduate or graduate level coursework related to your role. We continue to support the financial well-being of our colleagues by offering additional benefits to colleagues with student loan debt via our Barclays Student Loan Support Program. This program was created to assist eligible colleagues with repaying their student loans, we will provide $100 per month in student loan repayment benefits directly to the loan servicer.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Being responsible for decision-making on new credit card applications using Barclay’s lending philosophy
• Being required to assess credit/fraud risk on each application
• Making outbound calls as necessary to develop additional information to facilitate final disposition of applications
• Processing inbound calls from customers and/or other Barclays associates
• Contributing ideas and recommendations for process improvements to the department or company
• Working on management approved projects that will improve efficiency
• Identifying trends/issues on a daily basis and bringing to the attention of the management staff
• Assisting with user system testing and other special projects as assigned
What we’re looking for:
• 1 years’ experience in a similar role / environment
• Verbal and written communications skills
• Extremely customer-focused with a positive and professional attitude
• Organization and work prioritization skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• College level education
• Computer literate proficient PC skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.