Customer Communications Lead
As a Barclays Customer Communications Lead, you will lead and manage the Customer Communications team in the development of world-class marketing communications for Barclays, creating a well-planned, coordinated marketing customer experience, ensuring communications are well-written, clear, transparent, empathetic, and in the appropriate tone of voice; as well as guiding new business efforts including program launches/rebrands, product changes, customer experiences, and incident management.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Develop customer communications strategy across the customer journey for programs and campaigns
• Provide enterprise oversight to all communications through leading the MarComms Review Process, ensuring quality, consistency & customer-friendliness for all collateral
• Lead the Customer Communications Mailbox review process and provide copywriting assistance for other submissions
• Lead the Copy Review MRM Aprimo team to ensure the tool and associated processes are operating smoothly; roll out new process flows across the business as needed
• Support external Agencies process by facilitating creative briefs, kicking off with agencies, managing performance and quality
• Budget across numerous departments; liaise with Finance on a regular basis to ensure proper tracking and accruals
• Become an expert in the Barclays and partner brand guidelines, and regulatory requirements related to the business
• Work closely with Legal and Compliance to improve customer communications; help facilitate conversations about how to make copy as customer friendly as possible
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Extensive experience in a major corporation, preferably a credit card bank, supporting marketing and the brand / customer communications strategy
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent communications skills – both written and spoken, including expertise in copywriting
• Excellent knowledge of credit card marketing communication requirements
• Attention to detail, ability to work well in cross-functional teams, ability to drive strategic agendas, and make strategic recommendations
• Customer focus – instinctive approach to understanding what makes effective customer communications, augmented by outstanding observational skills
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.