Fraud Risk Senior Analyst
As a Barclays Fraud Risk Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for balancing identify fraud, first party fraud loss and customer experience. You will use your knowledge to lead efforts toward achieving these goals through both day-to-day trend analysis and longer-term initiative support. In your new role you will be collaborate with the analytics team, strategy management and Fraud operations is expected.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Reviewing high dollar loss cases for potential operational and process improvements
• Using of data collected for the portfolio to effectively communicate loss trends and patterns
• Development of reporting for solid controls and fraud monitoring
• Creating and monitoring Fraud system functionality reports and alerts
• Regular reviewing and improvement of new or existing fraud procedures and policies
• Building effective working relationship with all key business partners to ensure effective collaboration
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in fraud management or other operational area
• Proficient analytical skills, technical skills in SAS/ SQL (or similar) with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience on identity/ account take over, first party/ credit abuse fraud
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Analysis using SAS or SQL
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.