Loan Closing Analyst
As a Barclays Loan Closing Analyst, you will maintain a portfolio of Par/Distressed LSTA loan trades from trade date through to settlement. For this role, you will oversee a team progressing a high volume of both par and distressed trades and ensuring effective client service. This is an exciting opportunity for you to be working within a team reporting to the head of US Loan Closing, working closely with sales and trading desk, legal, and operations settlements.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Drafting and reviewing of LSTA Par/distressed trade documents
• Liaising with trade counterparties, agent banks, legal counsel, both internal and external as required to ensure documents are in order for a smooth settlement
• Reviewing of Credit Agreements to assess transferability requirements and restrictions
• Being responsible for liaising with the Operations trade settlements team to instruct the settlement of trades
• Keeping senior members of the loan sales, trading desk, and closing team management up to date on potential issues with trade settlements
• Working alongside the KYC team to ensure they complete all internal checks prior to trade settlements
• Working within a team reporting to the Head of US Loan Closing, working closely with the sales and trading desk, legal and operations settlements
• Accounting for the operation primary systems such as ACBS, MOC, WSO, ClearPar
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• More than a year of experience in par and distressed loan and trade claim closing
• Three years’ plus of experience using Microsoft Suite
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Commercial awareness in par and distressed loans
• Ability to balance priorities
• Good communication skills
• Organized and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.