Model Risk Product Manager Support
As a Barclays Model Risk Management Analyst, you will ensure smooth delivery of the Group Model Database (GMD) product, GMD enables both Model Owning Areas and the Model Risk function to evidence validation of all Models before going in use in production. You will have an opportunity to facilitate the end-to-end delivery lifecycle, work on the design of the product including focus on Usability, User Interface, Workflow Simplification, and ensure that the platform delivers Consistently Excellent outcomes for the User base.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Engaging with stakeholders to understand key user and business requirements are captured and addressed, supporting identification of options for consideration, and recommending
• Ensuring that any changes delivered in the platform are aligned to the Model Risk policy and related standards
• Resolving queries around GMD and GMD access management
• Identifying changes to the platform which improve User experience
• Working with GMD Product Manager to review and approve new change requirements
• Bring in charge of Refining, Defects prioritisation, Reviewing Root Cause Analysis and managing business escalations
• Testing UAT to make sure proposed changes are correctly implemented in production
• Producing excel/powerpoint slides as required and Driving complex process to a more simpler easy to manage and understand process
What we’re looking for:
• Story-telling - ability to translate complex technical detail into simple, compelling narratives that results to tangible actions they can take to address business challenges
• Relationship management - excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills. Experience managing stakeholders and the business, and be able to adapt style
• Problem Solving – Ability to lead investigations into data issues and defects within the platform
• Understanding of the Product lifecycle from Change Requests all the way through to User
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in Model Risk, Model Risk Policy & Standards and Product Management
• Experience in Data analytics and Data Management
• Good understanding of the organisational structure and basic knowledge of the full range of business disciplines e.g., Compliance, Operations, Service, Sales, Marketing, IT, Finance, HR etc
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.