Ops Rigor Lead
As a Barclays Ops Rigor Lead this is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for supporting the operational risk and control strategy and providing oversight of control functions and initiatives aligned to multiple supported business areas/functions. The Assistant Vice President Lead typically supports the Group in managing several different control functions aligned to the Operational Control Rigor structure, supporting multiple departments in addition to serving in a leadership role.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of periodic reporting
- Gathering relevant data from multiple sources and perform data validation checks to ensure accuracy
- Maintaining effective communication and active listening with process owners to ensure timely and accurate production of reports, obtain and retain appropriate approvals
- Engaging the appropriate stakeholders for analytical commentary and accommodate additional requests for analytics, embedding a mindset of constant improvement
- Identifying and escalating issues, where appropriate, acting as a point of escalation with Data Technology and Governance Teams
- Maintaining procedures and adhere to policies and standards for reporting
- Developing new reporting as needs arise
- Supporting peers and colleagues in team related tasks and deliverables
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience working in banking or other regulated industry environment
• Demonstrated management experience in a control or control-type environment
• College Degree in Business or related field
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Call Center experience with familiarity of call center processes, metrics, analysis, etc
• Operational Risk, Conduct Risk, Compliance, Audit, and or Control Background
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.