Partnership Revenue Share/ Compensation VP
Date live: Jun. 23, 2020
Reference Code: 90263135
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Finance
Partnership Revenue Share/ Compensation VP
As a Barclays Partnership Compensation Vice President you will play a critical role in ensuring that partners are compensated appropriately in accordance with contractual agreements and the results are accounted for appropriately in the financial statements. You will be joining Barclaycard US - one of the fastest-growing top 10 credit card issuers in the nation. You will be managing the partner compensation activities for partners within a CoBrand Credit Card Segment e.g., Airlines, Travel & Affinity.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Leading a team in the quantification, validation and payment of compensation to CoBrand Credit Card partners within a Segment e.g., Airlines, Travel & Affinity
• Ensuring appropriate US GAAP and IFRS accounting for all partner-related activities, including compensation, card member benefits, and promotional campaigns
• You will be a key contributor to the development and implementation of an enhanced control environment for partner compensation and the associated end to end processes
• Understanding all aspects of the partner segment to assess impacts on compensation
• Robust reconciliations and analytical reporting
• Building an understanding of all aspects of the partner to assess impacts on compensation
• Implementing best practices through the continual challenge of existing processes
• Developing and maintaining relationships with global stakeholders across the organization
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of working experience
• Financial services industry experience
• Partner compensation experience
• CoBrand credit card experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• CPA or Accounting experience
• Strong stakeholders management skills
• Microsoft Excel skills including the use of advanced formulas (e.g., vlookup, sumif, etc.) and pivot tables
• Analytical skills/ability to draw conclusions through the use of business understanding and data
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.