Performance Monitoring Manager
Date live: Jan. 14, 2021
Reference Code: 90274875
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Credit, Mortgages & Lending
Performance Monitoring Manager
As a Barclay’s Performance Monitoring Manager you will be responsible for managing a model control framework within Barclays US Consumer Bank Front Office (USBC) that complies with the Model Risk Management (MRM) framework and the Global Model Risk Policy. This is an exciting opportunity for you to execute project plans and approaches that will enable to USCB Front Office to achieve governance by established deadlines
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity
What will you be doing?
• You will execute of the model risk management standards and ensure that it complies with the Model Risk Management framework
• Working with Front Office model owners to ensure inventory maintenance/attestation, model monitoring and model approval is executed according to policy
• Overseeing the documentation, model change management, RCSA testing, model decommissioning
• Reviewing, editing, and approving model implementation controls, data sourcing & controls, model remediation accordingly
• Ensuring regulatory requests and requirements are delivered to the appropriate standards of quality and timelines
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance or related field
• Proven years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably in Retail Credit Risk Management
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Statistical and non-statistical models experience as a developer or a business user
• Strong analytical experience and/or data driven responsibilities, including project planning and coordination
• Detail oriented, with the ability to self-manage activities
• Exceptional level of planning and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic. Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.