Credit Strategy Lead
Barclays Bank Delaware
What will you be doing?
• Work with Partner Acquisition Credit Strategy team to formulate and apply mathematical and statistical modeling and optimization methodology to forecast Valuation processes and calculate Economic Value and Return of Equity for Consumer card, Business Card and Consumer Lending Business.
• Analyze, validate, track, and monitor delivered projects.
• Utilize segment level valuations to optimize valuation led acquisition underwriting strategies (Underwriting, Line and Pricing) and drive resilient growth for the U.S. Partner portfolio.
• Evaluate alternative data for underwriting and line assignment strategies using statistical analysis techniques, such as CHAID Decision Trees, optimization procedures, loss forecasting, enhanced process monitoring, data quality analyses, and incorporate score implementations supporting launch.
• Utilize historical and statistical techniques to create loss forecasting models for marketing and risk segments.
• Utilize data mining, data management skills and work with huge datasets.
• Update models with latest regulatory developments, including new Loan Loss Reserve calculation.
• Improve analytical techniques used in valuation tools to evaluate and utilize new source data to identify new tools.
• Work with Independent Valuation Unit (IVU) to complete all validation related requirements.
• Collaborate with Finance, Risk and Fraud teams to obtain handoffs for Profit and Loss (P&L) forecast.
• Develop and monitor customized manual underwriting process.
• Build statistical models to predict risk opportunities and reward analysis.
• Present strategic presentations to leadership teams to assist in decisions making for better returns and higher profitability.
What we’re looking for:
Requires Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline and 3 years of experience in the position offered or as a Marketing Analyst Lead, Marketing Sr Analyst, Programmer Analyst, Data Engineer, Statistician, or closely related position. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in specified fields and 5 years of progressive, post-bachelor’s experience in a position specified above. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
Demonstrated experience must include the following: Utilizing SAS, Oracle SQL, and Python techniques to conduct data mining, analysis, manipulation and modeling of data sets; Utilizing machine learning technique to calculate valuations for marginal accounts and revenue and loss forecasting; Utilizing SAS and SQL to retrieve and analyze internal and external data for advanced statistical analysis, business forecasting, performance reporting, and decision support; Performing analyses of risk management programs and strategies to develop P&L specific to products and testing initiatives; Utilizing predictive analytics to predict customer behaviors and develop customized targeting strategies to optimize profit/risk; and Utilizing advanced MS Excel Functions, Pivot Table and MS Power Point to summarize analysis and present reports and recommendations to leadership teams.
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christiana River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.