Sr. Analyst Balance Transfer Analytics
Date live: Apr. 08, 2021
Reference Code: 90284120
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Analytics
Balance Transfer Analytics Senior Analyst
As a Barclays Balance Transfer Analytics Senior Analyst, you will be supporting Customer Office Balance Transfer Analytics analysis and strategy. As a member of the team, you will receive directive from Barclays US Head of Customer Office to design and execute analytical recommendations to support Customer Office strategic business initiatives within the Strategic Analytics Team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Performing in-depth analysis of existing customers among top partnership portfolios to identify both short term and long-term wallet share growth and profitability opportunities
• Identify gaps and areas for enhancement and develop reports tracking KPIs across existing customers in the Partnership Business for balance transfer program
• Using advanced analytics enhance targeting of existing customers for currently available programs and develop targeting for future program launches and tests
• Initiate, design, implement and read tests for ongoing basis to optimize population, offers and channels
• Collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders to identify new opportunities for profitable portfolio growth
• Meet with vendors and business partners to identify new sources of data and tracking to drive incremental value
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative)
• Analytical experience in marketing, risk or other quantitative fields
• Ability to leverage analytical tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python) to drive solutions to assist business in driving insights and value
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Bank, Cards, or related financial services industry experience preferred
• Master's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline preferred (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative)
• Knowledge of business and how profitability of credit card business is driven
• Excellent Written/verbal communication skills
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.