- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 09, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Finance
Reference Code: 90372381
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
USCB Partnership Revenue and Profit Share Accounting - AVP
As a Barclays USCB Partnership Revenue and Profit Share Accounting – Assistant Vice President, you will play a critical role in ensuring that USCB Partners are compensated appropriately in accordance with contractual revenue/profit share agreements. You will also ensure that the results are accounted for appropriately in Barclays’ financial statements.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Handling monthly quantification, validation, and payment of compensation/revenue-share to 1-2 credit card Partners in accordance with the contractual agreements
• Applying US GAAP and IFRS principles actively to account for all partner-related activities, including compensation/revenue-share, card member benefits, campaigns, and rewards liability
• Leading and ensuring all control procedures are followed to maintain an excellent control environment; proposing/ implementing control enhancements as needed
• Leading and building a knowledge of the end-to-end processes that have an impact of Partner compensation/revenue-sharing to ensure that Partners are compensated appropriately
• Reviewing and challenging existing processes by being curious and continually asking "why"; identifying automation opportunities
• Developing and maintaining an excellent relationship with stakeholders across the organization actively to ensure the appropriate accounting treatment for Partner-related activities
• Working closely with external auditors, SOX, and Controls teams on a regular basis
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent
• Minimum four years of experience working in banking/ financial institutions
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent teamwork, multi-tasking, and communication skills are critical
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Degree in Finance
• Experience with accounting for a credit card business, especially CoBrand Partnerships
• Highly engaged, team player who has a positive approach, can perform under pressure, and meet tight deadlines, and leads by example
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.