Relationship Director, International Corporate Banking
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Relationship Director, International Corporate Banking, you will develop the client portfolio through analysing business trends. In your role, you will be implementing the European business plan in the Netherlands for new and existing clients, identifying new corridor revenue opportunities, and building a book of clients on a highly selective basis. Lastly, you will work closely with the Investment Banking teams to ensure it is leveraging the breadth of the Product set and delivering the entire Barclays platform to its clients.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Developing and implementing clear client strategies and owning a broad book of new and existing client relationships and developing businesses, for example with law firms, professional bodies etc
• Working closely with Group partners in Corporate Bank, Lending, Investment Bank, Barclaycard, Private Bank to ensure client strategy is defined and executed
• Engaging with impact and influencing at a senior level internally and within client organisations up to C-Suite level, communicate the strategy, resourcing, and executing plans
• Implementing and complying with the credit risk appetite for the sectors, aiding Credit Risk in creation of high-quality objective credit applications
• Accounting for the conformance of global standards and high-risk governance policies and for EDD and maintaining constructive relationships with regulators, and other key stakeholders
• Leading as a trusted advisor to clients and ensuring effective risk management of existing clients and new opportunities, completing Enhanced Due Diligence on high-risk clients
• Working with Product Partners, operations team and the wider Barclays Group to increase wallet share of existing clients
• Delivering end-to-end support throughout the entire sales cycle (target identification, pitchbook preparation, RFP responses, pricing, committee approval papers, onboarding, implementation)
What we’re looking for:
• Experience within financial services and other sectors with regular exposure to complex clients and situations, increasing the Wallet Share and Customer Account Strategy
• Fluency in English and Dutch, (Swedish desirable) alongwith a track record of business development with multinational corporations and manage complex and relentless change
• Knowledge of complex Corporate Banking product suite including Debt, Trade and Working Capital, Cash, investments, transactional products, and FX, regulatory
• Experience of European Financial Markets , International experience in credit and market risk management, internal control, and financial control systems
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience within a global corporate banking organisation or financial institutions with the ability of ensuring effective credit, market and liquidity risk management of portfolio
• Ability to work within a small, but ambitious local team where flexibility and adaptability are key qualities
• Significant experience at senior management level in financial services organisation or equivalent with experience on an international scale and established leadership credentials, leading through change
• Experience delivering continuous improvements to BAU high risk governance process and procedures and documentation
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our Amsterdam office which is the Head Office for our Investment Banking businesses in the Netherlands. The office has good access to transport links and is easily accessible by car and the Amsterdam RAI.