Head of Corporate Operations - Fixed term 14 months
As a Barclays Head of Corporate Operations, your role is to work closely with the Operations management, the Corporate Banking business development teams in Ireland, France, and Germany where you will be the point of escalation for production issues and projects. Within this role, you will coordinate and collaborate on the implementation and operational design of projects. You will also contribute to the monthly service management reviews, for all outsourced processes, and 3rd party vendor management processes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Providing the Head of Operations support in defining and implementing strategy for Corporate Operations
• Managing proactively internal service providers and external supplier relationships, ensuring cost efficient services are internally bench marked
• Management of the operations team within agreed financial budgets and in support of strategic business plans
• Developing a well-trained, motivated workflow capable of delivery BBI ambitions
• Developing and maintaining solid working relationships with internal Product and Coverage Front office stakeholders
• Managing the recruitment for the team, achieving optimal resourcing whilst ensuring that a world class service is provided to our customers at all times
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role
• Solid grasp of banking products, and reporting requirements, and clients contracts
• Leadership skills in setting team objectives, prioritization of tasks, articulating the team’s objectives
• Project Management skills
Skills that will help you in the role
• Line management experience
• Service or supplier management skills
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.