Product Manager Cash Management - Europe
Frankfurt Or Dublin
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmark.
As a Barclays Product Manager Cash Management within Transaction Banking, you could be based either in Frankfurt or Dublin. This is an exciting opportunity where you’ll be designing, building, and managing Barclays Europe Cash Management and payment products on an end-to-end basis that generates sustainable returns by helping clients to achieve their business ambitions in the right way. In this role, you will be representing Barclays Europe at relevant industry forums and supporting front-line and Product colleagues with complex queries.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business
What will you be doing?
• Creating, managing, and changing products, while proactively engaging with clients to ensure our products address their needs and respond to market conditions
• Managing risk appetite, profitability, quality of service and performance of the products
• Assisting with defining strategy, undertaking product gap analyses, and delivering product improvements and enhancements to help the Sales targets for increased market/retention
• Building and maintaining customer relationships with valuable key names in help of and collaboration with the Barclays Europe Sales and Coverage teams
• Combining client insights with a knowledge of the financial, risk and operational underpinnings of the product to recommend propositions that solve client problems
• Driving commercial performance and contributing to the overall Transaction Banking and Corporate Banking performance, ensuring long-term revenue sustainability
• Owning periodic product reviews and oversee regulatory compliance, adherence to operating model and ownership of regulatory impacts
• Maintaining the product-related governance and controls agenda in cooperation with key internal stakeholders such as Ops Rigor, Controls, Compliance, Business Management
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent analytical capability, with a problem-solving mind-set and ability to present complex data in a simple and concise way to help decision making
• In-depth knowledge of Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Payment product lifecycle and end-to-end processes
• Proven track record of owning and delivering projects and/or initiatives
• Experience working with, and influence, key stakeholders from across the business
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of product ownership in a financial services organisation and regulatory environment
• Working knowledge of the full range of business disciplines e.g., Compliance, Operations, Service, Sales, Marketing, IT, Finance, and Risk
• Excellent negotiation skills to get support of stakeholders with differing objectives and motivations
• Being innovative, risk-based and client-focused approach when designing and changing products
Where will you be working?
Our new Frankfurt office is based in the heart of the new business district in the Taunus Turm. It boasts modern, collaborative workspaces and offers a gym, several different food outlets close by and direct access to a large park.
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.