Assistant Vice President GCS Hong Kong Legal
As a Barclays AVP Global Contract Services (GCS) Hong Kong Legal, you will be part of a global team which works on negotiation and execution of master trading documentation for Barclays’ client-facing Markets business. This is an exciting opportunity to oversee the drafting, negotiating, and execution various master trading documentation concerning the Barclays Markets business (including but not limited to Rates, Foreign Exchange, Credit, Risk Solutions Group, etc. for the APAC Business, excluding Japan).
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home.We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying and determining processes that can be improved around data capture, technology, and documentation
- Drafting, negotiating, and executing documentation with an assigned portfolio across a range of master agreements including the ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA, Futures Agreements, and the like
- Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhering to associated guidelines and procedures
- Maintaining up to date, working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
- Conducting independent legal analysis and managing relationships with external counsel, where necessary, in accordance with Barclays requirements on external legal spend
- Establishing and maintaining effective partnership with relevant internal stakeholders (Sales, Trading, Credit Risk, Compliance, Operations) to ensure seamless completion of requests
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent (LLB or equivalent)
- Experience and knowledge of the ISDA Master Agreement, the financial industry and Legal roles
- Robust technical knowledge to negotiate and manage complex master agreement negotiations independently
- Sound knowledge of jurisdictional requirements and nuances in APAC, and ability to ascertain how these considerations impact documentation
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Effective ability to navigate through various IT systems used by the Legal function
- Mandarin language skills to review documents in Mandarin
Where will you be working?
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong’s financial district, at 2 Queen’s Road. Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.