VP Lending Credit Strategy and Analytics
As a Barclays Vice President Lending Credit Strategy and Analytics, you’ll manage the development of underwriting, pricing, & optimization strategies leveraging bureau data, application data, alternative data, partner data & other new data sources. For this role, you’ll support to provide actionable insight using hands-on data analytics and coding. You’ll also be responsible for identifying expansion and other new business opportunities to deliver business results that meet and exceed our goals and profitable long-term customer engagement.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We currently offer a hybrid working model where colleagues have the flexibility to split their time working from home and an office. Everyone has the opportunity to integrate their professional and personal lives through this dynamic working model.
What will you be doing?
• Managing analytics for Personal Instalment Loan and BNPL programs by overseeing and providing end to end analytics including underwriting policy and advanced test design
• Being responsible for pricing optimization and financial forecasting, ensuring analysis drives appropriate business investment decisions
• Providing actionable insights using hands-on data analytics and coding in a variety of languages and software modules
• Being responsible for providing analytic thought leadership, managing project planning effectively – defining scope, delivering on time, and generating the best outcome
• Collaborating/influencing/working together with business partners to implement strategies capitalizing on opportunities identified through risk-return analysis
• Communicating clearly and effectively using excellent interpersonal skills together with business partners and senior leader
• Ensuring control processes are robust and adhered to meet requirements, evaluating, validating, tracking, and monitoring delivered projects
• Identifying expansion and other new business opportunities to deliver business results that meet and exceed our goals and profitable long-term customer engagement
What we’re looking for:
• Graduate studies, master’s or PhD preferred but not required (quantitative disciplines)
• Several years of analytical experience in financial services industry; credit card experience preferred
• Over five years of experience with and understanding of SAS/SQL or other relevant statistical tools
• Understanding of and experience in developing credit strategies in an unsecured lending product
In addition to the skills required to execute the job well, we're looking for people with the following capabilities to grow and contribute to our culture:
• Empathy: An ability to see a situation from another person’s perspective
• Ownership: A strong sense of pride in your work
• Connection: Build relationships with partners and colleagues
• Innovation: Openness to finding creative solutions
• Persistence: Desire to go above and beyond when necessary to get the job done
• Collaboration: Work well with others while building projects together
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Exceptional technical and statistical skills with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of SAS/SQL, Hadoop, and Excel
• Previous experience in Financial Services Industry and Credit Risk Management, preferably in the Retail/private label card products or point of sale loan product
At Barclays we understand that power of great customer experiences and we work hard every day to make sure that the needs and expectations of our customers are met and exceeded. We focus our energies on making every customer engagement better than before.
Where will you be working?
Barclays’ Wilmington campus boasts a recently renovated office space featuring a cafe, coffee bar, wellness breakout spaces and more. The campus is located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront where a glance out our windows reveals a scenic look at the Christina River and a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away, making travel from New York and Washington, DC fast and convenient
We offer an environment that enables you to thrive and make an impact. Our colleagues are hard-working, focused on solutions, and collaborative. Here you will find people helping people at every level. Our culture is dedicated to innovation and maintaining a sense of balance and well-being.