Private Bank & Wealth Management Business Oversight Compliance Officer - Funds London, United Kingdom
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Our customer service colleagues are at the forefront of our obsession with customers - and right now our customers need us more than ever. They need colleagues who are understanding, committed, and take ownership of their development. Because when our colleagues are learning, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most - from life's little moments to the big ones.
Jan. 16, 2024
COO & Functions
Customer Service Advisor
Isle of Mann
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor, you will get an exciting opportunity to act as the first point of contact for our International/Offshore clients. In this role you will provide a confident, professional and knowledgeable service at all times to ensure their needs are met. You'll also be liaising with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis, to resolve queries and understand requirements in order to meet their needs successfully.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Performing customer services for International/Offshore clients by telephone, email, online banking and written
• Working with colleagues to create a respectful and motivating environment to attract, inspire and develop colleagues who share our purpose and values
• Participating actively in citizenship activity that contributes to the wider Client Services world in which you work
• Participating fully in team meetings and huddles, being proactive in sharing new ideas of how to improve things for the team and for customers
• Putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and understand how everyday products and services can help our customers now and in the future
• Using your time efficiently, adhering to personal work patterns and schedules to meet customer demand
What we’re looking for:
• Previous customer service skills and experience
• Good communicator and ability to form professional relationships
• Ability to effectively plan and organise
• Effective decision making
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous knowledge/experience within Financial Services would be beneficial
• Computer literate and have proficient keyboard skills
Where will you be working?
You will be based in one of our two offices situated in the heart of Douglas, Isle of Man, where you are within 5 minutes’ walk of the shops and harbour. Barclays holds its values at the forefront of everything we do with a firm emphasis on our colleague population and the community we live in. We are a fast paced, future focused organisation with opportunities for development and mobility across Barclays Group.
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Deciding on your next career step is a big decision, why not take our quiz to find out if this opportunity is right for you?Take our quiz
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
You get exposed to really supportive and intelligent people that push you to be your best self.
It's great to be surrounded by so much technical talent, but also people through a variety of functions. And I feel like I thrive because there's so much opportunity to network.
There's really a lot of impactful work you can do day to day. You get to work with really senior engineers on a daily basis and you learn a lot from working with them.
I can reach out to anybody and know that I will be able to find mentorship, support and just a community at Barclays as well.