Job Title: Security Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Take ownership for managing risk and strengthening controls in relation to the work you do.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs
Structured hybrid role:
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
The Security Engineering and Technology Services Assurance toolset team provides internal facing application support and service enhancements for a diverse set of tools that provide security assurance capabilities within Barclays. These tools are used across the bank by infrastructure and security teams to ensure the Banks security posture meets both internal and regulatory standards. The role is to provide application support for the services we operate. The candidate will need to ensure that our services are operating at their optimum by building out and maintaining resilience, upgrading and patching, configuring systems and working with customers to meet their requirements. The candidate will also need to communicate and work with internal customers at different levels within the Bank including senior management.
What will you be doing?
• Maintain and operate supported security services/toolsets
• Create and maintain accurate and high-quality documentation
• Negotiate and manage timeline/prioritization expectations effectively with stakeholders
• Customer-focus on strong service delivery
• Evaluate & analyse business requirements and design suitable solutions, challenging requirements where necessary
• Manage, co-ordinate and implement technical project activities
• Maintain Disaster Recovery strategy and coordinate DR testing
• Plan and coordinate lifecycle and capacity management
• Ensure 1st and 2nd line support personnel are properly skilled & following process & standards
• Implement enhancements to services
• Conduct Incident/Problem/Recovery activities
• Remediate Audit and Control issues
• Support the Joint Operations Centre and incident response teams for detected security events
What we’re looking for:
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, working experience within large and complex projects
• Code writing skills in the context of automation and IaC (e.g. PowerShell/Bash and Python)
• Experience with container platforms: Docker Engine, LXC, Container registries, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes / OpenShift.
• Experience with the AWS platform and its key services including IAM, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Configuration, SQS, SNS, Service Catalog and Secrets Manager
• Experience translating design documents into infra build requirements.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong background in cyber security software preferably Vulnerability Assessment
• Experience in using Jenkins as continuous integration tool for creating CI/CD Pipeline enabling zero downtime deployments
• Good understanding of the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
• Relevant professional certifications in information security is a strong plus e.g. CISSP or CCSP.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.